You will be given login information for all components of your program. Please keep your login information readily at hand.
ONLINE LESSON REQUIREMENTS
All students must review the tech guidelines and abide by minimum standards for successful study. Guidelines include adequate internet signal, a primary platform, a secondary platform in case of primary platform failure, and an updated device in good working condition.
Compass is primarily a flexible program that does not rely on meeting on specific days or times. Odyssey members sign up for one live online lesson monthly at a specific time and date. Odyssey members have these options when a conflict arises for the scheduled live online lesson:
- If conflict arises 48 hours or more before the scheduled lesson, member can go to the signup, delete the lesson and signup for a new time/day. If a suitable rescheduled time/date cannot be found, lesson will convert to a video exchange lesson*.
- If conflict arises less than 48 hours before the scheduled lesson, lesson will convert to a video exchange lesson*.
- *Video exchange lesson: I will start a lesson topic on the member’s Flipgrid home. Member will respond by creating two 3-minute videos highlighting playing and/or questions. I will give video feedback and guidance.
- If I will be absent, the above will also apply.
HEALTH & SAFETY PLAN
Compass is designed to be a fully online learning opportunity. Odyssey members who live locally may elect to take the monthly live lesson in-person. In this case, the following applies:
- All students will wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering studio.
- The state of Indiana does not currently require masks. If student enters the music room with a mask on, I will put my mask on, too. Otherwise, masks are not required. I am fully vaccinated against Covid.
- FMS uses hands-free teaching methods including modeling, describing, and a carefully-used laser pointer. Two pianos spaced 7’ apart are used – one for the student, one for the teacher.